Monday, December 15, 2008

White Rock Marathon

As I had posted earlier, I made the decision to hold off on the marathon this past weekend. I will be going back and over the next 2 months, re-mediating my training! : ) And with renewed commitment!!!! I was unable to transfer my marathon registration to the half - because the half was sold out. So, I ran my 13.1 on Saturday at the lake all by myself. It was a lot harder getting out of bed and going to the lake knowing no one would be there waiting on me. But, that is the decision that I made....so I will gut it up and over the next 2 months....Saturday mornings will be long and lonely. Next time I will stick with my training!! : ) I am glad I made the decision that I did. I am SORE from just 13.1. Wouldn't be able to get out of bed if I had attempted 26.2.

Yesterday was a hard run for many of my friends that I had trained with over the past 26 weeks. It was hot and WINDY.....it made those panhandle days of cross country seem like a walk in the park.

To my running friends: Many of you finished yesterday and are pleased with your time, and others maybe didn't hit the time you had hoped for, or didn't even finish. Know this - you ran. You ran your run. That's all you can do. Train, prepare and then run your run. For all of you who finished I give you a hearty congratulations. It was the first for many of you - first White Rock, first marathon. Now you know.

You did good - no matter what - and I'm proud of each and every one of you!

No comments: