Sunday, October 5, 2008

Admitting it is the first step

Hello, my name is Leslie, and I....am a Seinfeld addict.



During my trip to NYC, it took all I had to not compare every moment to a Seinfeld episode.






The Black and White Cookie.....I hope I don't get sick after eating this.











Is it Famous Rays or Famous Original Rays?









I had several Kramer moments on the subway. At one point, I was fighting for standing space with a bunch of teenage kids and I think I even ended up on the floor at some point. Luckily I didn't experience the one when Jerry fell asleep and woke up sitting across from a naked man.


I couldn't cross over the Hudson or the East River without looking for Kramer and his friends getting some nice swim time in.


The girl sitting next to me at Legally Blonde pulled out a bag of Hershey's Kisses and all I could think was "if only that had been a pez dispenser"


I had a big headed Elaine moment when the cab driver kept looking up and over and around me in the rearview mirror. It made me want to slither down into the seat just to conceal my enormous red head.


My time was limited, so I didn't get to visit the famous Soup Kitchen or Monk's diner. I didn't ever see a Kenny Roasters Chicken or get to buy a marble rye. Maybe I will be able to experience more during another visit to the city. Or maybe I will sober up by the time I go next time....but I doubt it. I guess admitting it is the first step.

3 comments:

Laura said...

dork

Enjoying the journey... said...

Laura, You are so funny! Leslie was being so cute and you just iced it.

I know what to get leslie - its time to ebay some seinfield or is ti sienfeld episodes.

Ashley Gartrell said...

That is too funny! Last time we were in the city, we found Monk's and actually were some what disappointed because it didn't meet all of our expectations! I appreciate that you approached NYC with Seinfeld the same way I did with Friends!