Saturday, November 15, 2008

God's Majesty

My mind is racing around about a billion different thoughts today....we said goodbye to our dear friend Jenn today, lots of things going on at work, all the things I need to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, when am I going to have time to get the dogs to the vet for their shots, when will I have time to get the car to the shop to get the oil changed, I need to write up paperwork for my second job, I need to get out into the yard for some yardwork and leaf raking, I need to get my 12 miles in this weekend in preparation for the marathon, all the friends I need to call to catch up with and let them know that I love them.....so maybe blogging is a way for me to attempt to collect and organize my thoughts.....or maybe it is a way to procrastinate.....

I know it is all in God's hands - everything.....all the worries, all the sorrow, all the excitement and joy of upcoming events, all the things to do.....God, I pray for peace of mind.

Jennifer's service today was wonderful. As hard as it is to say goodbye, she would have been so happy to see all of her friends together. Our MDA family is an amazing collection of people....I thank God that I have the opportunity to be a part of this group of people. Jenn was a very special person that lived every day for God's Glory. Through all her suffering, she lived to help others. She felt that was God's plan for her. I wish you all could have known her. I am a better person for having known her.

A cold front blew through yesterday.....the pictures below were taken from a friend of a friend's blog.....I saw these clouds yesterday on my way home from work and couldn't believe how amazing they were. I had never seen anything like them. They (the friend and friend of a friend) just happened to be driving home together as well. They pulled over because they had a camera and took these shots which were posted on their blogs.....Isn't it amazing....God's Majesty?






"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." -- 1 Chron 29:11
God, thank you for all of your majesty. The beauty of your world, the majestic way you take care of us all, and for putting people like Jennifer in our lives so that we learn by her example, living for your Glory just as she did.



No comments: