Friday, December 5, 2008

Fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la

It is so much more fun to put up your Christmas tree with the ones that you love! Scott and Katy took us to buy the tree Friday morning after Thanksgiving. We had quite an outing at Wal-Mart. I'll leave out all of the details, but ladies yelling, little boys peeing, daughters sighing.....I don't think these are the things that we should dwell on! We made it home and I got the boxes out of the garage....and the rest was taken care of. Easiest tree decorating I have ever done! (are you guys coming back New Year's to help take it down?) Once upon a time, I was too particular about my decorations and lights and wouldn't even dream of anyone else touching them. Let me say that I was an idiot! : ) Hanna and Sarah took the lead on the lights - and they look way more beautiful than they ever did when I would take hours trying to wrap limbs and make them perfectly even.

Katy and Scott helped me replace burned out bulbs on the strands. I had never done that before. I am too lazy and usually just slap them on the tree, burned out bulbs and all. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when they are all lit!!! See....even Joshua is amazed!

Joshua had fun making sure that all of the branches were even. Then even Leah couldn't resist joining in on the fun. We had Christmas music playing and the girls started a chorus line! So fun to watch!!! : )
Once the lights were done, the ornaments went on....
everyone helped!

It's the prettiest tree I have ever had! It smells so good every time I walk into the house. Thank you all for helping me put it up. The memories of you doing this will never be forgotten! I am blessed to have such a loving and wonderful family! I love you all!

By the way, Aunt Laura was there too. She was the picture taker. Jacob was over at the cousin's house....where there are boys his age to hang out with and not so many girls! : )


2 comments:

Enjoying the journey... said...

It was so much fun!!!! I am so glad Joshua got all those pine needles swept up----we all had a great time! We love you and can't wait to see you again!

Laura said...

I need to know your secret... how in the WORLD do you get other people to buy & decorate your tree every year??? :) It's lovely!