Friday, December 5, 2008

Well, plans change

I never used to be a procrastinator. Up until now, if I said I was going to do something.....I did it. Well, something sure has changed. You know that big swirly thingy on the top of my blog.....yes, the one marking the date of the white rock marathon? Well.....do you remember the last time I blogged about running? Me either.....let's see....(scrolling down and down and down some more) Oh, it was no November 8. Almost 1 month ago. Guess what....I haven't run since then.....YIKES.....what have I done?!?!?!?!?!?!? I don't know what happened. I guess I could use lots of excuses....but why bother listing them all....I just plain didn't keep training as a priority and it is my fault. SO......what to do about a marathon coming up in 1 week? Well, I could do it. I would have to walk the majority of it and would be unable to function the next day. But, I could finish it if I tried. Better plan? Do the 1/2 marathon next week and get back to training. The Austin Marathon is coming up in February and that gives me 2 solid months to get back into the training routine. So.....plan made.....I just pray I go back to my old ways of keeping my plans, priorities, and stop being so lazy!!!!

3 comments:

Enjoying the journey... said...

GO GIRL!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

goooo Leslie! Can't wait!

missy said...

You are AMAZING!! I procrastinate walking to the mailbox.....geesh, I'm such a loser.