Friday, February 13, 2009

1 day and counting....

The marathon is Sunday. I am leaving for Austin today after work and then let the fun begin! : ) The bags are packed, the dogs are actually in the car waiting in my work parking lot, and I will hit the road as soon as I can get rid of my last patient. I feel like I forgot to pack something. Don't you hate that feeling? I mean - it feels like something really important like my running shoes or my sports bra....but I double checked for those - so I know it's not that. I bought Starbucks coffee this morning which doesn't help with the jitters. I am nervous....I started having foot pain about 3 weeks ago and it is not getting better....hopefully not the initial signs of a stress fracture....but that is what it feels like. I am going to try taping my foot to see if that helps. Overall, though, I am ready - ready for it to be here and give it a go! Looks like it might rain a bit, lows in the low 50's and highs in the 70's. The temp is great...the rain...not so much....but I will fight through! I will say that if I don't finish...I will try again...but I hope my next blog is all about finishing my first marathon! stay tuned....

1 comment:

Enjoying the journey... said...

Run Leslie Run!!! You are going to do great!!! Have fun....wish I was there to cheer you on, take your picture and enjoy the bands!