Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Whole New World

The facebook world....is a whole new world to me. My sister bullied me into joining and I have been hooked ever since. I have added lots of friends: casual friends, good friends that don't live very close and I don't get to see very often, friends that I somehow can't find time to call but really want to know what they are up to, friends from high school that I haven't talked to in 15 years, friends from high school that I had become un-friends with but somehow on facebook it seems OK to contact them and ask "how have you been", friends from college that I have thought of many times but couldn't get in touch with. In this new world I can be reminded of birthdays of friends that I never even knew when their birthday was. I know when friends are "going to the store" or "ready for the weekend" even when I don't really care. I get poked and hugged and hit by snow balls. In all sincerity though, it really has been amazing how I have reconnected with people that I never thought I would talk to again. I am talking to friends and realizing how much I miss talking to them and sharing things with them. I can find time to type out a quick message rather than pick up the phone to talk. I don't really like talking on the phone anyway and maybe this is easier because you can do this late at night and not worry about calling at the wrong time. So, if you want to get in touch with me, join facebook! For now I will just wait to see who my next friend will be - you never know who you will find on facebook!

2 comments:

Enjoying the journey... said...

OK I can't find you on facebook....please find me and add me as a friend. I just sort of figured blogging out now, facebook.....I am getting confused!

Laura said...

so glad you're my friend... on facebook, AND in real life. :) love you, L