Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deal or Dud?

Let me start by saying, I know you have all been waiting anxiously for this blog. I promised user reviews on my “as seen on t.v. products” and I have not tried all three of them, but do have one review for you. I haven’t used the pedi-paws because A: it requires 2 C batteries and I can’t remember to buy them when I go to the store. Nothing uses C batteries anymore….why couldn’t they go with one of the other sizes when they designed the thing? I keep AA and D batteries on hand in the freezer. I only keep them in the freezer because that’s what my mom did. I wonder if that really works? I’m getting off track here…so B: it says that before you actually use the thing on the dog, you are supposed to watch a video, get the dog accustomed to the pedi-paw by showing it to him and then by just turning it on and then only using it on one paw and gradually working up to being able to work on one whole paw. Of course using treats and praising the dog the whole time. I would use it on Maddie, because she would be easy to train. But, she has been filing away her own nails trying to dig out of the concrete that I poured....so her nails don't need the pedi-paw. And, ya’ll know I had to bring out someone to the house to teach Hudson to sit….so I think the idea of the training aspect of using the product is causing me to procrastinate a bit…. I haven’t used the bra strap thingy’s because it is winter and I haven’t found a reason to wear a sleeveless shirt and I haven’t been on a date…so I haven’t needed perky boobs.

So that leaves the Smooth Away…..

OK, so it says it was discovered in Europe and will remove hair “instantly” No pain, No chemicals, No razor burn. So, maybe it was the ¼ inch hair I had lingering (see above…..no date…..no shaving of the legs) But it was discovered in Europe – and aren’t those girls hairier than that? I worked on my leg for a few minutes – and it did work, but not fast enough for me. Maybe I have a different idea of what “instantly” means. So, I went to the shower and shaved. I know, this negates the whole idea not having to shave, but I thought maybe it would speed things up. After shaving, I still had a little stubble because for some reason my razor couldn’t handle the abundance of hair. So, I used the little smooth away scrubber on my legs and it really did get rid of any hair that I missed and made my legs much smoother. It even works on that little spot of hair under your knee cap that the razor always misses. So, I guess overall, if I had a reason to have really super soft and hair-free legs it is worth having. Will it replace the razor? Probably not – because I can do a quick shave in less than 3 minutes and using the Smooth Away would easily take 10 minutes. Maybe the European’s have more time to get ready for work than I do. So, maybe if I get a date I will use it….other than that it’s just me and the dogs and I don’t think they care how smooth my legs are.

Stay tuned for other product reviews….

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was JUST thinking about you this weekend when that commercial came on & wondering if you'd tried it yet! Thanks for the update! I did use my bra clip on one of my old sportsbras that's giving out.. tought it might give it a little extra holding power, & it worked to "cinch" me up, but it was too jacked up in the back, so I had to take it off. Sorry I didn't think about batteries for the Pedi-paw!